The difference is in the details. When I look at classically appointed fly rods from the past and present, those that are the most attractive to me are the simplest in nature. First and foremost, rods must be built on a blank that is exceptional for fishing. Components and finish must be of the highest quality. These rods often feature minute details not noticed from more than a few feet, or even inches, away.
This is what I strive for in every rod I craft: an understated elegance that compliments the blank upon which it is built and a fit/finish only achieved through patience and experience.
Each full custom rod build includes the following:
- Your choice of blank… I am happy to work w/ you to find the best fit based on casting and fishing application (ex. McFarland, Livingston, Epic, Ijuin, Morgan, Steffen, and others…)
- Shop made reel seat hardware (C&R, slide bands only) of polished aluminum, bronze, or nickel silver; shop-modified Lemke or Bellinger NS for locking
- Custom turned reel seat insert from select hardwood finished to a semi-gloss or gloss; cork available
- Flor grade cork grip
- Shop made winding check
- Shop made hookkeeper (as requested)
- Mildrum stripping guide (agate add $30)
- Snake Brand snake guides (matched to hardware finish)
- Silk rod wrappings to compliment the blank, accents as needed to finish the “look”
- Shop made, precision fit metal ferrule rings (add $15 for each section)
- Unique “clip top” over-wrapped tip-top design
- Shop-sewn fitted rod bag
- Brass capped tube w/ distinctive “Leiderman Rods” brass badge
Pricing (as of February 2022)
- Full custom build (see above) pricing start at $750. Please inquire for a specific quote based on blank choice and options. Blank prices vary by maker and can affect the final build quote.
- Have a blank already stocked away? Contact me for a finishing quote.
- Stock rods are available from time to time. Please keep your eyes on the “Inventory” section for newly released rods or follow my social media accounts.
Shipping to lower 48 via USPS Priority (+$25)
International shipping quotes available upon request.
PA residents must add 6% sales tax.